In a city like Calgary where extreme temperature fluctuations are common and spring showers can turn into full-blown snowstorms, a heated storage unit is a common request for those looking to keep their belongings safe. Heated self-storage ensures the temperature does not drop below a certain level to protect temperature-sensitive items.
Keeping the temperature warm inside a storage unit protects certain items that are affected by cold and moisture. Items that benefit from a heated storage unit include:
- Musical instruments
- Vinyl records
- Upholstered furniture
If you’re looking for a storage unit in Calgary, we list the advantages of a heated storage option to help you determine what type of unit you need.
The benefits of a heated storage unit
- Protection from extreme cold – It’s not uncommon for Calgary winters to go well below freezing temperatures. Sensitive items like musical instruments, wood furniture, fine art, books, and important documents are kept safe and secure in a heated storage unit.
- Keeps items warm and dry – As long as items are dry when they go into the storage unit, the warm temperature inside the storage unit keeps your belongings from getting cold. Items that contain liquid won’t freeze during the winter months, and fragile items such as electronics are protected from damage.
- Peace of mind that your items are protected – A key benefit of storing your temperature-sensitive items in a heated unit is the peace of mind it gives you. Not only will your items be protected in a temperature-controlled environment, but you can also rest assured that they are safe.
- Secure and easily accessible – You can select your unit size to fit your valuable belongings and be confident that the facilities have reliable security in place.
Is a heated storage unit right for you?
To decide what type of storage unit you need, consider the types of items you are storing, the value they hold, the current season, and the length of time you’ll need to store them. For extremely valuable items, the additional cost of a temperature-controlled unit is an investment in keeping your belongings protected.
At Alberta Storage Place, one of our most cost-effective units is a heated 5’x5’ storage locker. These small units pack a big punch as they can help in some of the most significant ways, including life transitions, extra storage for businesses, and more.
Small storage units in Calgary are excellent for storing:
- Seasonal decorations
- Seasonal sports and outdoor gear such as snowboards, skis, soccer nets, camping equipment, and more
- Personal files such as tax returns and important papers
- Extra merchandise and inventory for business use
- Memorabilia and special items you can’t part with
- Items you want to keep after downsizing or spring cleaning your home
A small heated 5×5 storage unit is an excellent solution if you’re looking for just the right amount of additional storage space and don’t need to store any large items. With Calgary’s unpredictable weather, you can rely on having a heated storage unit available when you need it most.